Denver-based Strive Health, a kidney care platform designed for total care of chronic kidney disease (CKD) and end stage renal disease (ESRD), recently received $140 million in Series B funding. CapitalG, based in Mountain View, Calif., led the round.
CKD is the gradual loss of kidney function. The National Kidney Foundation says that approximately 37 million Americans are affected by kidney disease and that one in three adults are at risk for CKD. In the U.S., CKD is the ninth-leading cause of death.
There are five stages of kidney disease, with ESRD being the most severe. With ESRD, the kidneys no longer work as intended and patients need dialysis or a kidney transplant. According to a report from the University of Michigan School of Medicine, “The prevalence of ESRD continues to rise, and reached 746,557 in 2017 (versus 727,912 in 2016). That number is a 2.6% increase since 2016.”
What did we find out about ESRD?
Patents involving ESRD and CKD have been on the rise for over a decade.
Patents specifically involving both ESRD and CKD
Top five American universities receiving grants:
- Johns Hopkins University @JohnsHopkins
- University of Pennsylvania @penn
- University of Alabama at Birmingham @UABnews
- Emory University @EmoryUniversity
- University of Washington @UW
Top four inventors:
Top five sponsors of ESRD clinical trials:
- National Cancer Institute (USA)
- Assiut University (Assiut, Egypt)
- University Hospital (Montpellier, France)
- Sun Yat-sen University (Guangdong, China)
- National Taiwan University Hospital (Taipei, Taiwan)
We also looked in Foundation’s News database and found over 6000 articles on ESRD. Some of those include:
- End Stage Renal Disease Market Size Worth $193.8 Billion By 2028
- Is dialysis adequacy a useful predictor for sexual function in males and females with end-stage renal disease?
- Outcomes of COVID-19 among Patients with End Stage Renal Disease on Remdesivir
- Cardiovascular Disease Found to Raise End-Stage Renal Disease Risk
- Effect of a Virtual Reality-Based Exercise Program on Fatigue in Hospitalized Taiwanese End-Stage Renal Disease Patients Undergoing Hemodialysis
Research across all of these databases was conducted quickly and efficiently using ResoluteAI’s Foundation. To talk to a real person about how Foundation can help your company or organization, please email us at email@example.com.