There were 3372 academic grants started between August 1 and August 31. This is the highest number of monthly grants started so far this year.
Four academics had two grants each during this time. Topics covered ran the gamut from pediatric care to particle physics. These researchers are:
- Joseph Carcillo, professor of critical care and pediatrics at the University of Pittsburgh, has these:
- David Kieda, distinguished professor of physics and astronomy and dean of the graduate school at the University of Utah, has these:
- Cecile Ladouceur, associate professor of psychiatry and psychology/director, Cognitive-Affective Neuroscience & Development Lab at the University of Pittsburgh has these:
- Neural sensitivity to social evaluation and daily online and in-person social experience with peers: Predicting fluctuations in suicidality, self-harm, and depressive symptoms in adolescent girls
- Puberty-related development of fronto-amygdala circuitry in anxious youth: A multimodal neuroimaging study with ultra-high resolution MRI scanner (7T)
- Garry P. Nolan, professor in the department of pathology at the Stanford University School of Medicine has these:
This chart displays the top 10 institutions that received grants in August and their focus areas.
Top 10 universities that received grants in August 2021 and areas of focus
The top five universities that had grants started in August were:
- University of California
- Johns Hopkins University
- Washington University
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Washington
The top three areas of focus for grants were:
Protein was also the number one area in both June and July. In August, there were 356 grants related to protein.
The University of California also led the way on protein grants as this chart shows. The University of Washington wasn’t far behind.
This chart shows the top 10 institutions that received grants in July and their areas of focus.
Top 5 universities receiving grants on protein
In August, there were over 600 grants in the $400,000 range. There were also over 200 in the $1 million range. This line chart shows the distribution of dollar figures.
Distribution of funding for grants in August, 2021
Interested in a full report on grants?