Agilent Technologies (@agilent), a Santa Clara, Calif.-based analytical instrumentation development and manufacturing company, is acquiring Resolution Bioscience for $550 million in cash and up to an additional $145 million if certain milestones are met. Resolution Bioscience is a precision oncology company based in Kirkland, Wash., that has a next-generation sequencing-based noninvasive liquid biopsy test platform.
A March 2020 article in Nature describes a liquid biopsy this way: “the analysis of tumors using biomarkers circulating in fluids such as the blood.” Liquid biopsies can be used for the screening and early detection of cancer. They can also help determine a patient’s condition both after diagnosis and relapse.
What did ResoluteAI learn about liquid biopsy platforms?
Tech transfers in this area
- Nanowell platform for molecular analysis of single circulating tumor cells (CTC's) in liquid biopsy (@Stanford)
- A Combined Microfluidic and Fluorescence Lifetime Imaging (FLIM) Platform to Identify Mammalian Circulating Cancer Cells in Whole Blood (@UCIrvine)
- Liquid biopsy-based predictive platform for early cancer detection and drug discovery (@Harvard)
- One-Step Exosome Isolation and Detection (@RutgersU)
Liquid biopsy tech transfers from 2011 through 2020
News on liquid biopsy platforms
- Hybrid Liquid Biopsy Platform Enables Tracking and Monitoring of Circulating Tumor Cells
- Liquid Biopsy for Colorectal Cancer Could Guide Therapy for Tumors
- A web-based Automatic Machine Learning Platform to Analyze Liquid Biopsy Data
- Electric Field–Induced Release and Measurement (EFIRM): Characterization and Technical Validation of a Novel Liquid Biopsy Platform in Plasma and Saliva
Some of the organizations receiving grants on liquid biopsy platforms are:
- Massachusetts General Hospital (@massgeneralnews)
- GeneTAG Technology Inc. (@genetagtech)
- University of Pennsylvania, (@penn)
- UCLA (@ucla)
Leading researchers in liquid biopsy are:
- Bob S. Carter (@BobCarterMD)
- Alexander R. Ivanov
- Prashanth Vallabhajosyula (@PrashanthVall12)
- Siyang Zheng
Research across all of these databases was conducted quickly and efficiently using ResoluteAI’s Foundation. To talk to a real person about how Foundation can help your company or organization, please email us at email@example.com or drop us a line using the link below.