This release expands the Foundation product's grants coverage by adding nearly 500k grant records from the National Science Foundation, and Horizon 2020. The full grants database now has 1.5M records.
- National Science Foundation (NSF) covers ~450K US Federal grants ranging from the biological sciences, engineering, and physical sciences.
- Horizon 2020 is the largest EU research and innovation program with €80B in funding, currently with approximately 27K grants.
The search below illustrates filtering within the two new data sources in the grants database:
Export Functionality and Usability
This new release features multiple enhancements to the ResoluteAI platform, including enhanced data export capabilities, semantic expansion of user search terms, autocomplete to assist in finding search terms more easily, user selectable sorting criteria for results, and additional visualizations.
Enhanced Export Flexibility
- This release significantly upgrades the exporting functionality to enable users to perform additional post-processing of search results, and share search results among co-workers.
- Users can now export up to 100,000 records in CSV and JSON or 10,000 records in XLSX. Users can also tailor which fields they wish to export to narrow their focus. Access to previous downloads is now available right from the platform.
How to Export Results
Exports of results are easily executed for all searches:
How to Customize Export Results
A user may also select the specific fields they wish to export. Fields are specific to each dataset. Additionally, a user now has the flexibility to select, file format, ordering, and number of records to export.
The ability to select Ordered or Unordered works in conjunction with the also newly implemented sorting function introduced in this release, explained below in these release notes. If a specific sorting order has been selected the user can have the results exported based on that selected sorting criteria. This is particularly useful for a large number of search results, where the user may wish to download a more limited set where the results are ordered based on their previously selected criteria. Unordered export uses a default ordering based on relevance to the search criteria, and the user is then able to sort based on their own criteria in Excel for search results up to 10,000.
How to Download Previously Exported Results
The Download section on the left hand sidebar keeps track of downloaded exports, and allows the user to download current or previous searches. Select “Downloads” in the left hand column of the UI and immediately access both the status of the requested download, and previous downloads. For larger downloads, the platform provides the status and indicates when the download is complete.
AI Enrichment of Your Search Terms
Semantic expansion is an important mechanism in information retrieval, which adds terms which have a close conceptual relationship to the query string that the user entered. Semantic expansion now lists suggested additional terms where applicable, as well as automatically expanding the search to include closely related terms. This assists the user in broadening their search to include terms that may have been missed in the original search criteria entered.
Autocomplete has been significantly expanded. There is no need to type in the entire word or phrase into the search box. The platform automatically expands the entered text as well as making suggestions for autocomplete to avoid spelling errors, in addition the platform provides suggestions for search phrases and other terms.
Autocomplete has also been added to search criteria in the facets, providing the user the ability to find filter term without having to find each individual entry in the facet.
Expanded sorting capabilities
The user can sort results on additional dataset-dependent criteria in ascending and descending order, providing additional flexibility in arranging the results.
Maps (World and U.S.) have been added to the list of analytics renderers
- Analytics now features a way to see maps in large format – expanding upon the facets feature in Search. One can now display both the World map and USA map to see hotspots of innovation based on one’s search criteria.
This feature is accessed through Analytics; use the Renderer dropdown to select either a World Map or USA Map. Select which map from “Rows” – where one can select a variety of options which is tailored to the dataset selected. For patents, for example, the user can select multiple options, from Assignee Country to Patent Office in which the intellectual property has been filed.
Back-End Behind the Scenes Enhancements
- Improved clinical trial updating scripts
- Data from clinical trials now pulls more data fields with greater accuracy from this database.
- Results populate faster
- More accurate results in less time. We have made significant changes to the back-end architecture to provide results faster.
Better integration and searchability of company descriptions from Crunchbase