He was the second doctor on the panel to resign over the FDA’s approval of aducanumab for treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. Dr. Joel Perlmutter resigned the same day that the FDA approved the drug.
What did we learn about Dr. Knopman from searching in ResoluteAI’s Foundation?
Dr. Knopman has been an author of over 700 publications. His five most recent research articles are:
- Selecting Software Pipelines for Change in Flortaucipir SUVR: Balancing Repeatability and Group Separation (6/13/21)
- Dementia with Lewy bodies: association of Alzheimer pathology with functional connectivity networks (6/12/21)
- MRI quantitative susceptibility mapping of the substantia nigra as an early biomarker for Lewy body disease (5/26/21)
- Plasma amyloid β levels are driven by genetic variants near APOE, BACE1, APP, PSEN2: A genome-wide association study in over 12,000 non-demented participants (5/19/21)
- Alzheimer disease (5/15/21)
The heatmap below shows where- and on what topics- he has published over just the past five years. During this time, he has published most frequently on Pittsburgh compound B, a radioactive compound created in 2008 used for early diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease.
Dr. Knopman’s publications by tag and journal name, 1/1/16-1/1/21
Dr. Knopman has received 16 grants, involving diseases like Parkinson’s disease, dystonia, and dementia:
- Naltrexone in Dementia- Effects on Memory and Cognition
- ARIC Neurocognitive Study (ARIC-NCS) Renewal 2 of 5
- Frontotemporal degeneration:A basis for clinical trials
His grants have covered a wide range of topics as the Sankey diagram below illustrates.
Dr. Knopman’s grants by tag and category for the period 1/1/16-1/1/21
Additionally, he has had his work cited in over 15 patents involving dementia and Alzheimer’s. Some of these patents are:
- Mobile phone for treating a patient with dementia
- Quinoline Derivatives for Diagnosis and Treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Non-invasive magnetic or electrical nerve stimulation to treat or prevent dementia
Research across all of these databases was conducted quickly and efficiently using ResoluteAI’s Foundation. To talk to a real person about how Foundation can help your company or organization, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.